19.10.06

beautiful spaces, loud empty places

look at the way that we live…wasting our time on cheap talk and wine. Okay, so it was cider and the talk wasn’t bad and we actually weren’t listening to the Eagles, it was Oasis and Green Day at the local hangout My Goodness (an Irish pub that actually has an Irish bartender! youpi!) that caused us to break into song.

But I might add that I have become a major Eagles fan while in France. Go figure!

Well, the designs are coming back for my pumpkin contest. Here are two of the winners I think:

Romain is actually kind of a punk, he’s really really smart/quick to grasp things, but there isn’t one day he doesn’t get kicked out of the classroom for having a rotten attitude. I like him though. Punk.

And here are some designs that are v. creative, even though they’re not terribly practical for actual pumpkin carving.

Other funny thing, when I whipped out the pumpkin for my classes today, this is what they ALL said:

Punks: On va le manger?

Moi: No kids, we are not going to eat the pumpkin. We’re going to make a jack-o-latern.

Punks: Le soup? On va manger le soup?

Moi: No, if we were going to eat it we’d eat a pie. Un tarte.

Punks: Buerk!!! Une tarte du citrouielle!?! ahahaha buerk!
[and other ridiculously Gallic expressions of disgust]


These kids ain't got no taste.

I just may save the pumpkin innards in an attempt to make a pie, though. I have a pan now. I’ll be sure to post pictures of any attempts. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(aubrey)
i like that last picture...i think it could be carved!

Robb said...

Buerk!!! Une soup du citrouielle!?!