20.9.06

one more before I go


Welp. Packing is done, obviously... will leave for the airport in 30 min so now it's just waiting, waiting. I done good, my suitcase is 50 lbs and my backpack is 19.5. This is important when hauling my luggage through every form of transportation save rickshaw and boat. So hopefully, things will go something like this:

Sept 20 6 pm: Leave Seattle for London.

Sept 21 ??? am? 11? what? Arrive in London, hopefully not going through customs and hopefully having my backpack fit their new ridiculously stringent carry-on size requirements.

Sept 21 4:20 pm: [yes, timing is apt.] Arrive in Paris. Hopefully can find someone in customs area to actually stamp my passport. They're usually a bit lax about it..

Sept 21 5:00 pm Take bus from Airport to Roissypole commuter train station

Sept 21 5:20 pm Take RER B to le (la? I don't know French!!!) Gare du Nord

Sept 21 6:00 pm Take TGV to Amiens

Sept 21 7:20 pm Arrive in Amiens, walk to hotel! A little over 24 hours later...


Of course disaster could arise anywhere. Esp. considering I get to barge through Paris's rush hour commute w/my suitcase and technical backpack (hiding in duffel for time being).

That's all I got. It doesn't feel real yet. Denial, I guess. This is going to be crazy!!! But hopefully I will find internet access in the next few days to document the insanity. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Shazz.

I miss you already.

You are in my prayers.

I cannot wait to hear from you and see what you are up to!

March is soon. Really, it is.

-Jude